10 things to know about the upcoming LAGCOE
Sep 28, 2015
LAGCOE 2015 is fast approaching. We’ve put together a list with 10 things you should know about LAGCOE 2015.
- LAGCOE is an oil and gas industry exposition, located in Lafayette, an area with a high concentration of service sector facilities in the very heart
of America’s energy corridor. Lafayette consistently plays a great host, welcoming thousands of oil and gas industry personnel who descend upon
the city every two years during LAGCOE.
- More than 430 oil and gas companies will be exhibiting this October at the Cajundome Convention Center inside and outside who represent onshore and
- LAGCOE is hosted by industry professionals for industry professionals. Almost 400 industry volunteers, many from the greater Lafayette area, come together
to serve on one (or more) of the 28 LAGCOE show committees to make LAGCOE a top-notch experience for all who attend, exhibit or sponsor.
- The LAGCOE Career Fair will again take place during LAGCOE 2015 on Thursday, Oct. 29. This oil and gas industry career fair allows job-seekers to meet
and network with companies that are seeking qualified employees. Attend the LAGCOE Career Fair to sit in on any of the five career-development
sessions geared to aid professionals looking to keep skills fresh while seeking employment. Professional resume review will be available for all
job-seekers at the LAGCOE Career Fair. A photographer will be present to take professional LinkedIn headshots for any job-seeker who wishes to
freshen up his or her headshot. The LAGCOE Career Fair is a great way to network and learn about the oil and gas industry.
- The Young Professionals of LAGCOE will be hosting the Future Energy Professionals tours of LAGCOE for high school juniors and seniors during LAGCOE
2015. These tours are a great way to showcase the oil and gas industry to students from the nine Acadiana parishes who wish to know more about
science, technology, engineering or math. Learn more at LAGCOE.com/futureenergyprofessionals.
- The Energy Innovators Pitch Challenge is a "Shark Tank”-style pitch competition event during LAGCOE 2015. This event seeks to connect the best emerging
energy innovators ready to move their business ideas forward with credible investors.
- LAGCOE has partnered with local artist Tony Bernard to design the official LAGCOE 2015 poster. He was selected as the artist after winning the LAGCOE
2015 Poster Contest. His fleur de lis design that features oilfield imagery atop a colorful sunset has also been translated onto the first ever
LAGCOE commemorative T-shirt. Signed posters will be given out at the exposition and the t-shirts will be available for purchase during LAGCOE.
- Technical Presentations, sponsored by Drilling Contractor, will host leaders in the onshore and offshore oil and gas exploration and production industry.
These eight presentations will showcase leading technologies, as well as provide information about issues facing the energy industry. The keynote
addresses feature two high-level oil and gas industry leaders: Doug Lawler, president, CEO, and director of Chesapeake Energy; and Gary Luquette,
president and CEO of Frank's International LLC.
- LAGCOE opens the doors of Lafayette to International business people. LAGCOE is one of only two oil and gas shows selected by the U.S. Department of
Commerce to participate in its International Buyer Program Select. LAGCOE will host U.S. Department of Commerce led delegations from six countries.
Delegations from two of the countries will be attending LAGCOE for the first time: Saudi Arabia and Ukraine. International business opportunities
will be featured at LAGCOE 2015 with seven international presentations.
- For the first time in its 60 year existence, LAGCOE will give away a new Cadillac, generously donated by Service Chevrolet Cadillac, to one winning
oil and gas industry attendee at the conclusion of the three-day event.
LAGCOE 2015 is just around the corner. Lafayette is fortunate to have a high concentration of oil and gas industry companies, which allows the city to
host an event of this magnitude in the heart of Cajun Country every other year. Many thanks to this great city for the unparalleled hospitality that
is shown to the oil and gas industry every other year for this free oil and gas industry event.
Lauren Rabalais | LAGCOE Marketing Coordinator