Students who participate in the LAGCOE FEP tours are eligible to apply for the LAGCOE Future Energy Professionals Scholarship: an award to goal-oriented
students planning to enroll into a Louisiana university or college in pursuit of a STEM-centric Degree. Past scholarship winners have gone
on to study Chemical and Mechanical Engineering at Louisiana State University and the University of Louisiana at Lafayette, as well as the
Oil & Gas Production Program at South Louisiana Community College and Integrated Product Technologies at L.E. Fletcher Technical Community
To Apply for the scholarship you must:
- Have participated in the previous LAGCOE FEP Tour
- Be a senior or junior in a Louisiana high school
- Plan to pursue a degree in a STEM field at a Louisiana college or university
The application requires:
- Two letters of recommendation from two applicable teachers and/or a professional in the STEM field
- One handwritten essay/personal statement
- Most recent high school transcript (certified and sealed)
Paper applications are not accepted. All eligible students received an email from LAGCOE’s programs coordinator with the link and password to apply.
The deadline for the 2020 FEP Scholarship is March 13.
CONGRATULATIONS TO THE FOLLOWING STUDENTS WHO HAVE BEEN RECOGNIZED AS FUTURE ENERGY PROFESSIONALS SCHOLARSHIP RECIPIENTS:
- Emily Duplechain, Ascension Episcopal High School. Studied Chemical Engineering at Louisiana State University. Emily is now an Environmental
Representative at Shell.
- David LaCour, , St. Thomas More Catholic High School. Studies Chemical Engineering at the University of Louisiana at Lafayette, LA.
- Drake Bergeron, Comeaux High School. Drake is studying Chemical Engineering at UL Lafayette, LA.
- Laura Manuel, Sacred Heart School in Ville Platte. Laura studies Mechanical Engineering at UL Lafayette, LA.
- Cornelius Broussard, Cecilia Sr. High School. Cornelius is studying at South Louisiana Community College in LA, focusing on electrical engineering,
math, and computer science.
- Parker Cormier, New Iberia Senior High School. Parker will be studying Integrated Product Technologies at L.E. Fletcher Technical Community
College in Schriever, LA. Parker is now a Well Test Assistant at EXPRO AMERICAS.
- Brandon Mitchell, Pine Prairie High School. Brandon will be studying Oil & Gas Production Technology at South Louisiana Community College
in Lafayette, LA.
- Meaghan Thibodeaux, Notre Dame High School of Acadia Parish. Meaghan will be studying Biological Sciences at Louisiana State University in
Baton Rouge, LA.
- Michael LaCour, St. Thomas More Catholic High School. Michael will be studying Chemical Engineering at the University of Louisiana at Lafayette
in Lafayette, LA.