Congratulations to Terry McIver of Glider Products for winning this year's Energy Innovators Pitch Challenge and taking home the $10,000 prize! We'd like to thank Shell Game Changer and Jones Walker LLP for sponsoring the competition, and The Idea Village for being our partner.
Pictured above shows Terry McIver, Founder of Glider and the judges
NO MORE APPLICATIONS ARE BEING ACCEPTED
The Energy Innovators Pitch Challenge, which took place on Friday, October 11 at 10 a.m.
This year’s competitors are:
- Benin Chelinsky Jeyachandra, Nesh
- Carlos Jorge, We Are Planter
- Daryl Roy, 3D Media
- Luke Wang, Alabastron Technologies LLC
- Rosana Ellis, PhDsoft Technology
- Terry McIver, Glider Products LLC
LAGCOE 2019 Energy Innovators Pitch Challenge
In Partnership with The Idea Village
LAGCOE 2019, in partnership with the The Idea Village hosted an Energy Innovators Pitch Challenge during this year’s Technical Exposition and Conference in New Orleans, October
9-11. With the generous support of Shell and Jones Walker, this signature event connected the best new energy innovators with funding to
help further the development of exciting new products and technologies for the energy industry.
Participants in the Energy Innovators Pitch Challenge made brief presentations before a panel of judges for the chance to win a $10,000 prize during
a special forum open to all Expo attendees. Each innovator made a short pitch followed by Q&A from the judges. The judges selected a winner to receive the $10,000 prize at the conclusion of the challenge.
As an added benefit, pitch participants were also provided with a specially marked booth space on the Expo floor for all three days of the
event. This was an opportunity to gain exposure and interact with thousands of attendees in advance of the pitch competition.
How it works:
The Energy Innovators Pitch Challenge was made possible through a partnership with The Idea Village, which managed the application and selection
process and help to secure the judges to oversee the event. The Idea Village is an independent nonprofit organization, based in New Orleans,
that supports entrepreneurs in order to drive positive change.
2019 marked the fourth time LAGCOE has hosted the Energy Innovators Pitch Challenge.
Previous Pitch Challenge Winners:
2016: Gordon Technologies
2015: Flange Cuff LLC
RULES & REGULATIONS:
LAGCOE has teamed up with The Idea Village to connect the best new energy innovators with investors and startup resources ready to move their
business ideas forward.
Overview of the event:
- Innovators in the energy sector may submit their applications now through September 18, 2019 by filling out the Business Application form via the LAGCOE web site.
- Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis and will remain open until the available slots are filled. Therefore, it is encouraged
to submit applications early, as slots may fill up quickly.
- Featured Innovators will be selected based on the information submitted in their application and notified of their selection the week of
September 23, 2019.
- On October 11, 2019 at 10 am, each innovator will be given a brief amount of time to pitch their innovation to a panel of investors and
startup stakeholders in front of a live audience at the LAGCOE 2019 conference.
- Winner will be chosen by the panel of judges immediately following the presentations.
- All featured innovators and startups will be given access to the show and special exhibit space branded as part of the challenge.
Notes and other details:
- Need help perfecting your pitch? Apply early for a chance to work with Idea Village pitch coaches. Email firstname.lastname@example.org to request more information.
- As an added benefit, pitch participants will also be provided with a specially marked booth space on the Expo floor for all three days
of the event. This is an opportunity to gain exposure and interact with thousands of attendees in advance of the pitch competition.
- Conference passes will be provided to pitch participants.
- All finalists agree to be highlighted (including photos) in social media campaigns by all organizers.
- All finalists agree to allow press releases to showcase their companies and may be asked to participate in various media coverage, web
- Solutions must be legally owned by the entity representing that product and/or company.
- Solutions must be related to the energy industry.
- Getting funded is NOT guaranteed.
Contact Brenna Kane email@example.com for more information about the pitch competition.