LAGCOE, INNOV8 Acadiana partner for third annual energy pitch challenge
Oct 25, 2017
LAFAYETTE, La. -- LAGCOE and INNOV8 Acadiana will host the Energy Innovators Pitch Challenge - a “Shark Tank Style” pitch competition that will be
held on Oct. 26 at 10 a.m. on the second floor of the Cajun Dome Convention Center. The pitch challenge connects emerging energy innovators with
investors ready to move their business ideas forward.
"We are excited to continue great programming this year including our partnership with INNOV8 Acadiana to find and help launch emerging energy innovations,”
said Angela Cring, LAGCOE executive director. “These three days will be full of great speakers and events that will appeal to a wide audience.
The Energy Pitch Competition always draws a full room of people and is exciting to watch.”
This year, eight high powered energy companies will showcase their businesses in the award winning Energy Innovators Pitch Tent, booth ROS29. All attendees
to LAGCOE are invited to meet the teams and then cast a vote for their one Crowd Favorite.
Each of the eight teams will formally pitch their businesses Thursday morning, hoping to find equity partners and win the $5,000 first place cash prize
as chosen by a panel of three Acadiana Angel judges. Acadiana Angels and Jones Walker Law Firm will present the check at the end of the competition
to the lucky winner. The winning company will also be asked to privately pitch to the Acadiana Angels where last year’s 2016 winner, Gordon Technologies,
received funding from the group. The Crowd Favorite winner will be also be voted on and announced at the end of the pitch competition, receiving
an Apple iPAD sponsored by Cox Business.
The eight companies competing in the 2017 Energy Pitch Challenge are:
- 360 Fuel– The future of fueling and the new retail experience. Featuring a full size modern fueling system with facial recognition and other breakthrough features.
- Cleargistix - Experience a Digital Field Ticketing System that eliminates the mega problems associated with paper tickets/forms and spreadsheets. Save time and increase productivity now.
- VERTECO– This business has created award winning, innovative pipe handling systems since 2004. They will feature the newly patented Tork-loc Pipe Running System.
- Hebert Oil Tools- Featuring a new patented pipe quick-connect that will save significant time from standard turning methods and allow left or right torqueing. Come see the prototype.
- Haring Laboratories– This patented on-demand hydrogen systems allow cleaner, smoother running engines, better fuel economy on almost any size engine without hydrogen storage.
- Triad Technologies– Using NASA technology, this company debuts a non-intrusive multiphase full bore optical mass flow meter. Come see the innovative game changer that is finally here.
- Kheiron Consulting Group – Featuring the new “smart gaming” for OJT and certification training. Come see the latest in gamming animation training that’s replacing older methods.
- Lokrite Safety Backup – This USA made, patented, magnetic back-up wrench reduces injuries by eliminating pinch points when removing flange and other bolts. Come test one for yourself.
“Members of Acadiana Angels, a group of accredited Investors from South Louisiana, and our partners around the state are eager to invest in new energy-related
innovations right now,” said Alan Hebert, Acadiana Angels Director. “Whether you are a start-up or a thriving business with room for growth, now
is the time to connect with our investment teams and move your innovations forward. We look forward to meeting all eight teams this year. Each
one looks very impressive.”
Registration for energy professionals is free on the LAGCOE web site.