10 Things Lafayette should know about LAGCOE 2017
Sep 18, 2017
LAGCOE 2017 is fast approaching. We’ve put together a list with 10 things you should know about LAGCOE 2017. Learn more about each of these items by visiting www.LAGCOE.com/expo
- LAGCOE is an oil and gas industry exposition, located in Lafayette, La., an area with a high concentration of service sector facilities in the very
heart of America’s energy corridor. The City of Lafayette consistently plays a great host, welcoming thousands of oil and gas industry personnel
who descend upon the city every two years during LAGCOE’s technical expositions & conferences.
- More than 350 oil and gas companies will be exhibiting this October at the Cajundome & Convention Center inside and outside who represent onshore
and offshore interests.
- LAGCOE 2017 is hosted by industry professionals for industry professionals. Hundreds of industry volunteers, many from the greater Lafayette area,
come together to serve on one (or more) of the 28 LAGCOE show committees to make LAGCOE a top-notch experience for all who attend, exhibit or sponsor.
- To aid individuals in the energy industry seeking employment as well as companies looking to staff up, LAGCOE is excited to facilitate The Career Center
at LAGCOE 2017 that will help professionals as they work to keep skills fresh and seek employment. The Career Center will be open from 9:00 a.m.
– 2:00 p.m. on Thursday, October 26, during LAGCOE 2017.
- LAGCOE will be hosting the Future Energy Professionals tours of LAGCOE for high school juniors and seniors during LAGCOE 2017. These tours are a great
way to showcase the oil and gas industry to students from the nine Acadiana parishes who wish to know more about Science, Technology, Engineering
- The Energy Innovators Pitch Challenge is a “Shark Tank” style pitch competition event during LAGCOE 2017. This event seeks to connect the best emerging
energy innovators ready to move their business ideas forward with credible investors.
- Technical Presentations, sponsored by Drilling Contractor, will host leaders in the onshore and offshore oil and gas exploration and production
industry. These presentations will showcase leading technologies, as well as provide information about issues facing the energy industry. The Keynote
Addresses feature several high-level oil and gas industry leaders: Scott Angelle, Director, BSEE; Ryan Malone, Projects General Manager Gulf of
Mexico, BP; Randal Luthi, President, NOIA; Thomas H. Hudson, President, G2 LNG; Greg Vesey, President & CEO, Magnolia LNG.
- In addition to keynote and technical sessions, The Louisiana Energy Research & Development Forum will present a global view of state-of-the-art
energy technology research and development efforts. The forum will feature more than 50 technical presentations from energy experts from all over
- LAGCOE opens the doors of Lafayette to International business people. LAGCOE 2017 is one of only two oil and gas shows selected by the U.S. Department
of Commerce to participate in its International Buyer Program Select. LAGCOE 2017 will host an impressive group of international visitors and exhibitors
from countries including Canada, Colombia, Mexico, Saudi Arabia, Ghana, Ukraine, Brazil and United Arab Emirates (UAE). International business
opportunities will be featured at LAGCOE 2017 with six International Presentations.
- LAGCOE will give away a new Chevrolet Colorado, generously donated by Service Chevrolet Cadillac, to one winning oil and gas industry attendee at the
conclusion of the 3-day event.
LAGCOE 2017 is just around the corner. Lafayette is fortunate to have a high concentration of oil and gas industry companies, which allows the city to
host an event of this magnitude in the heart of Cajun Country every other year. Many thanks to this great city for the unparalleled hospitality that
is shown to the oil and gas industry every other year for this free oil and gas industry event.
Lauren Rabalais is marketing coordinator for LAGCOE, an energy industry nonprofit organization focused on educational programs and a technical exposition & conference, held biennially in October at the Cajundome & Convention Center. Save the Date for LAGCOE 2017: October 24-26, 2017. Visit LAGCOE.com.